Friday, September 13, 2013

7 Quick Takes Vol. 17

Conversion Diary again. 

1.        Missed last couple weeks for one reason or another. Actually, have falling off blogging almost entirely, for one reason or another. I’ll try to remedy that soon.

2.       So, Chronicles is now on its fourth week, and I’ve gotta admit, I was expecting a bit more response. I don’t know; maybe people aren’t aware that it’s up? Maybe they just don’t really care? One of my friends said she wasn’t sure whether she was supposed to comment. For the record, if you’re reading it, that’s pretty much the whole point! Anyway, the little response I’ve gotten has been positive so far, so that’s good.

3.       So, I’ve been fairly successful at the buckling down thing I’ve been mentioning: not very consistent, but have managed to put in a good amount of time drawing, exercising, praying, violining, and even dusted off my Italian Rosetta Stone. Regarding the violin, I’ve got a surplus of new sheet music (including a 300+ page book of Irish Folksongs I got cheap from Amazon), so that should keep me busy for a while. Recently I’ve been mostly working on Fields of Athenry, Men of Harlech, and Bridge Over Troubled Waters. I also got a version of Modern Major General, but it’s a bit out of my league at this point.   

4.       Drawing wise, I think I’m actually beginning to improve a little; I actually produced at least one (1) copy that I think doesn’t suck!  I don’t have any scanning technology, so I can’t show it to you, but it actually came out (I think) pretty well. Go me!

5.       I’m taking a break from the online dating scene. Partly because I want to focus on other things at the moment, partly because I was getting very tired of finding attractive women who share a lot of my interests and who then never respond when I try to get in touch with them. I’m taking this as a sign that God doesn’t really want me dating at the moment, and I plan to put the extra time and effort to good use.

6.       Problems of a Fantasy Writer:
·         Could I get away with calling something “the Forbidden Zone”?
·         My Romanized Hebrew dictionary doesn’t have all the words I’m looking for
·         I’ve got someone fencing with a rapier and dagger in what’s supposed to be based on Ancient Israel.
·         Would it be worth it trying to find a reference/dictionary for Ancient Punic?
·          Should this world have crude firearms or not? I don’t really want it to, but if not, how do they fight off the allosaurs?

For the record, I didn't make any of those up: those are all real issues I'm working on at the moment.

7.       Well, I’m all set for my vacation up north; I’ve rented a cabin, I’ve got time off, and it’s coming up fast. Whew!  I plan to spend about four days relaxing, doing serious writing, and playing my violin. Maybe go for a hike in the woods. I’m really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment