Friday, September 28, 2012

Unplugging

I'm making a conscious effort to slow down and limit my time on the computer. Right now it eats up way too much of my time and there are far too many half-finished projects lying around, waiting for me to return to them. For instance, I'm finally trying to finish Ronald Reagan's autobiography, which I started...wow, I think even before I moved into my apartment! (about five-hundred-plus pages in: lot's of talk about relations with the Soviet Union).

I'm returning to guitar after yet another week-plus hiatus, and once my new (used-good condition) Italian phrasebook comes in, I'll be able to step up my sadly neglected language studies. I'm rediscovering my love for books, which has been rather forgotten in my love for sitting at the computer pretending to write while I actually read political and fitness blogs.

Another thing I'm doing is trying to make time for silent meditation and prayer. In particular, I like to sit/kneel silently in front of my crucifx for five minutes or so, taking it in and letting my thoughts dwell on the inconceivable sacrifice of Christ. It's a good way to fortify myself for the day and clear my head for the night.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that all this moving away from the internet doesn't damamge your participation in our book club!!

    ReplyDelete