Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 2: Eat an Orange in Sections

For Christmas my sister made me a small notebook with a series of day-to-day questions to think and write over. And I am now finally getting around to starting on it. I'm beginning with Day 2 (since Day 1 more involves commenting on her blog).

Day 2: Eat an orange in sections. Describe the tastes & textures!


Cool, very stringy, and soft. Smooth and with a very slight tang, but not so much that it is unpleasant. The pieces break apart very easily in the mouth and seem to slip down the throat with very little fuss or worry. The sensation is less of cutting the pieces up with your teeth and more of compressing the juices out of them, leaving them deflated and of swallowable size. The taste is quite agreeable; cool and liquid, though I’m not a huge fan of the feel of the squeezed out, stringy bits of orange that remain in my mouth after the tasty juices have been already ingested. That, and the outer rim of the pieces has a most disagreeable texture and appearance to it, like mold, making the sight of them rather unappetizing. Furthermore, as time goes on the tanginess builds up and becomes more noticeable and more of a problem. On the whole, though, I found the experience to be tasty and refreshing.

1 comment: