Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Vita Nova

A month ago I finally moved out of my parents' house and into my first apartment. And I'm loving it!

Now, for those who don't know me, I'm of a rather solitary temperment: I don't like being with other people for too long (at least, most other people). Living on my own, therefore, has been a long-standing goal and now I finally acheived it!

But, the honeymoon's over and it's time to get down to brass tacks (what the heck are brass tacks and what does it mean to 'get down to them'?). Part of the moving out plan was that I would totally restructure my life: I would craft myself into the person I want to be living the life I want to live. So far, that's been met with only mild success. This blog, therefore, is a journal of my attempts to live the life I want.

It is now Feb. 8th: by the end of the month I want to have the following goals acheived:
1. Establish a daily schedule and follow it for at least one week.
2. Learn to switch between G and C on the guitar without stopping my playing
3. Get my pictures and sword hung up
4. Finish at least two chapters in my books (not necessarily from the same book)

Reasonably simple goals, so I really ought to be able to follow them. Next month I'll up the ante a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment